Thursday, May 13, 2010

"OMG! That is some serious hood s*#^!!"


That's exactly what my girl Miranda said when I texted her this photo. (only she didn't say shiz)
Mirand is the awesome chic that I swap personal training with for hair. She took one look at me the other day and informed me my hair was dry and the exact opposite of shiney.
(dull and lifeless?)

A Keratin treatment was in order!
Keratin is a treatment women use on their hair to keep it shiney, smooth, and healthy looking.
Did I mention it's at least a $350 treatment?
Anyone got a look at Demi Moore's hair lately? Gorgeous hair. That's Keratin. How about Reese Whiterspoon? Goddess hair. More keratin. Cindy Crawford? Keratin. You get the picture.
(BTW, I didn't have to pay $350)

It's quite a process. After it was over Miranda informed me I couldn't get my hair wet for 48 strict hours. She said it needed to "cure". No clips, ponytails, or bobbypins. And no headbands either. And no sweating. WHAT?? I am a professional sweater. ... I sweat just thinking about exercise. And I'm a trainer... so no sweat?..... Ain't gonna happen. And what about my own workouts? Two days? ACK!!! I'm used to my endorphin rushes and I can be dangerous if I go two days without one.

So..the conundrum..how to take a shower without a shower cap? I stopped by two different stores to find a shower cap. Each store was sold out. Shower caps? I had no idea they were in such demand. Where have I been? (outta the loop I guess)

This is what Hubby rigged up for me. (see above photo) Two plastic bags tied around my head. And it worked perfectly. Not a wet hair in sight.
Miranda was right.
"OMG! That is some serious hood s*#^!!"
But my hair? Absolutely gorgeous, goddess material.

No comments:

Post a Comment