Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Great Invention

My sister in law, Jalene, was in town for a business trip and came a few days early to visit us.
I told her about our fruit fly problem...(although I think she had already noticed).
Since summer has begun here in LA I have been cutting up lots of the wonderful fruit that is in season. And, since I started my compost bin I have been saving every last piece of food with out throwing it away.
The problem is.. I sometimes leave the leftover food on my counter, which includes fruit rinds. Hence the fruit fly problem. Jalene introduced me to an ingenious fruit fly trap.
And it really works. Like IMMEDIATELY!

If you look close you can see all those poor, horrible, and disgusting fruit flies trapped in the bottle. They can fly in, but can't fly out. Poor horrible creatures.
eeww!

No comments:

Post a Comment