Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Swimsuit Season

It's Swimsuit Season Bee-aytches!!! And I've really done it this time.
I've broken down. This is what I bought.



Yep! A one peice swim suit! And not just one...


....But two of them!

I've been wearing a two peice since I was a senior in highschool. This is the first time I've bought a one peice since then. Why now?

I realized I may have to start attending church sponsered acivities this summer since my daughter is turning 12 and will be attending youth events, which most likely here in LA, will involve a pool or beach. It is normally frowned upon to wear a two peice at church events so I've done the lady like thing and bought a nice conservative one peice.

But my sister told me the suits I bought are not conservative at all, that they are too low cut up top.

So, this means I can't show my tummy or my cleavage? I already look like a tree trunk in a one peice. I don't wear one peices because the similarity between the way I look in them and little girl gymnasts in their leotards is way too close.

I think I've come a long way. I might even slowly be evolving into a lady. But give me my cleavage!

Baby Steps people.... Baby Steps..

and for all of you who are worried..I will still be rocking the two peice outside of church events.

2 comments:

  1. Baby steps is right....this is a huge step for you. I don't think I've owned a one-piece for quite awhile either. I keep looking at them, but I don't seem to like any of them. I'm proud of you for getting one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way. they came in the mail a few days ago and I have to say...they're pretty fab! holds me in in all the right places and pushes the girls up. and by up, I mean UP!!

    ReplyDelete