Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Betty White



Now who out there doesn't love themselves some Betty White? I remember watching Golden Girl on TV with my mom and cracking up and thinking there were so funny. Of course Betty stood out as the naive, small town woman where everything had a happy ending.

What a great feather in Betty's cap for the opportunity to host SNL. For someone her age she has managed to stay current and mainstream. She does that, in my opinion, because she hasn't tried to change who she is. She has gotten older and hasn't tried to fool us with excessive plastic surgery. She dresses appropriately for her age. And she pokes fun at herself. She also has an amazing abilitly to still act like a lady while telling a dirty joke. Definitely keys to success for anyone. (oh, and she's an animal lover)

A few years back I was eating at a restaurant in Santa Monica. She was eating at the table next to us with her granddaughter. I tried not to stare. She was so interested in her granddaughter and was focused and present. And it seemed her granddaughter was genuinely happy to be with her. It was a sweet moment that taught me a lot about parenting.

It looks like Betty White is having a happy ending of her own. Although I'm sure she is far from done.

No comments:

Post a Comment