Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Most Excellent Adventure

RAGING WATERS SAN DIMAS STYLE!

TOTALLY AWESOME!







Today was Raging Waters in San Dimas. Yes the Raging Waters in San Dimas from "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure".

It's a great park. Tucked away in the hills surrounded by trees and a reservoir. Today was the final culmination of Avery's 12th birthday. Instead of a party she chose Raging Waters and invited two of her good friends. I admit, I didn't feel up to doing a big party by myself without Hubby.

Everything went smoothly until the bees. I noticed there seemed to be an unusually large amount of dead bees on the sidewalks. Turns out the park had a beehive problem up on one of the slides. Three of us stepped on bees. Myself included. Avery's required special attention though. The rest I was able to pull out the stingers.

The bees were the beginning of our little mishaps. One of the girls didn't tell us she had never been on a waterslide before and was scared to death. She went on a few. Soon she was sick. Then she was pale. Then she had to lay down. Poor thing.
Then it was little things like stubbed toes, torn fingernails, bloody elbows, cut up feet from the sidewalks.

Thank goodness for wonderful dipping dots ice-cream and funnel cake.
Sometimes I wonder if I try to do too much without the Hubby. Should I have done the easy thing and gone to a film or something?
Hmmm....But where's the excellent adventure in that? Water parks are definitely a most excellent adventure. I am happy I am young enough and let's face it...Cool enough to do it. In fact, I had an awesome time.
I'm thinking of doing a sequel.




After only one ride, Avery stepped on the first bee. I could not get the stinger out so first aid was called. He had to cut the lil bugger out. Avery was very brave. After all, she just got her ears pierced didn't she?


















The kids all loved the big wave. They had a great time on it and the wipeouts were spectacular!



































It was mostly cold for my taste. High was 78 degrees which, water park weather, that is not! the bright side is nobody got a sunburn.


I kept my sweater on mostly. Until realized I would be "one of those moms" if I didn't go on the rides. I went on all of them. Yes, even the ones that give you a serious wedgie. And Yes, even the really big, scary ones.







Dippin Dots are seriously one of my fav things about amusement parks. I always order some. I get banana split flavor.





















I had a hard time sharing with the kids.







The kids got funnel cake as we were leaving the park. They forgot all about their boo boos and upset tummies.





Funnel cake will do that to you.



I even had good traffic there AND back.

That was seriously excellent.




Happy Birthday Avery!!!
Phew!
Is your 12th bday celebration over yet?





I'm a bit tired



Ummm..
I'm just wondering if anyone noticed my oh so modest swimsuit. It's the one I talked about in a previous post. So what do you think Karen? Am I a lady yet? Is it modest enough?

Have to admit, was happy to wear it in cooler weather and no top malfunctions on the slides :)

5 comments:

  1. Love the suit Kath! I can't really tell, but if it is hot pink then i love it even more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kath, you crack me up. But way to go for buying a one piece-I did notice! I'm proud of you! :) It's really cute, too. And good job for taking the kiddos to RW. I loved going there as a teen.
    happy b-day to Avery. Can't believe she's 12-where does time go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, It's hot pink! I have one photo where you can see the true color of it
    Ryan says my one piece looks like lingerie with all the seams, etc. .. So he likes it too.! :)

    Dort, ..I can't believe she is 12 either. All those old ladies were right! Treasure them when they're young because it really does go by fast! Way faster than I thought! But the truth is..they are easier when they are young!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS, I liked how you said no top malfunction on the slides...I've never understood how someone would wear a two piece on a huge waterslide...I'd be so paranoid about it coming off...
    and I also forgot to mention: I totally dig your hat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can usually take care of any two piece top malfunction underneath the water once you get off the slide. It Takes practice! :) It never comes off...just goes up above the girls... !!! .. :)
    The worst part about a two piece on a water slide is the wedgie effect. In my experience, the wedgies are worse w/ a two piece.

    The hat? From Target of course! And in case anyone is wondering...suit is from Newport News.

    ReplyDelete