Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Invisible Work


Yesterday I did invisible work all day long. My kitchen counters are still cluttered and the carpet wasn't vacuumed and the toilets arent's clean but......the closets are! One of the best feelings ever. Cleanliness really is next to Godliness. (I only say that when I've cleaned..otherwise, forget about it.)
I found some old boxes of my Grandmother's patterns. I've found lots of patterns all over the house but these were different. They were her custom made patterns based off inspiration from Vogue magazine. And these were 1960s Vogue. She had torn out her favorite outfits from Vogue and made her own patterns. She had them all so organized w/ the Pict she had torn out, the pattern, and the swatches of fabric she had used. I found them to be all so beautiful.
I don't want to throw them away. So I took a Pict of them on my iPhone. I'll put them in a box, back in the closet and be pleasantly surprised next time I decide to do invisible work.

No comments:

Post a Comment